We are a group that supports the St George public library in Bristol for the benefit of the community and library users. We do this by:
- Working constructively with the Library Service to make the fullest use of the library
- Gathering and representing the views of the community and library users on library services, planned improvements and proposed changes
- Informing the community and library users about the library and the group
- Raising public interest in using the library
- Working with other groups, including exchanging information and advice
- Planning, promoting, funding and running library related events and activities
- Raising funds and receiving contributions for library purposes and to support the group
- Building membership of the group by being inclusive of the whole community and all library users regardless of age, ethnic origin, ability, gender, belief, sexual orientation or political affiliation by recognising the value of our many differences
- Being ethical and transparent in decisions and actions based on our constitution.
The group was formally created on 18 April 2019 and has a management committee including a Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
We meet monthly on the second Thursday of the month.